Saturday, May 20th, 2017 at West Branch State Park
Prizes for biggest carp, largest stringer of five fish, and smallest eligible fish
8:00 am: Tournament begins
10:00 am: Registration ends
Noon: Lunch (available until 1:00 pm)
1:00 pm: Weigh-in deadline
- Pre-register for a $10.00 donation, or $15.00 day of event
- Registration: Check-in will be at West boat launch on Knapp Rd. day of shoot
- Contact Mike Ballash: (440)-227-6756 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For West Branch park rules or camping info call (330)-296-3239 or www.westbranchstatepark.com
Check out the February 2017 edition of the Newsletter here:
Click “Subscribe” in the upper-left hand corner of the Newsletter to subscribe if you’re not receiving it, but would like to.
The first event of the season is upon us! The 2017 GBAC Archery Event season will start on Saturday, April 8th, running thorough Sunday, April 9. This event (and all GBAC events) are open to all classes. Registration is from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturday, and 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM on Sunday.
Youth equipment is available to rent at no charge, and food and drinks will be available for purchase.
This year’s Pot Luck Dinner will be held on Saturday, March 11, 2017 at the Bass Lake Preserve in Munson Township at 5PM. Please bring a dish to share! We’ll have existing member and new member sign-ups available.
The 2017 archery shoot schedule has been finalized. The first shoot of the year will occur on April 8 and 9 with the traditional turkey shoot on Saturday, and the 3-D warm-up on Sunday. New this year is the Archery Fun Challenge in July, which will include distance challenge targets among other challenges. All shoots are open to all archery classes and open to the public.
Summer is officially in full-swing! Here are some upcoming times and dates for the summer activities to-come:
- July 5 at 5:30 PM: Work party to set up for the shoot!
- July 7 at 6:30 PM: Member Meeting at the Club Pavilion
- *July 9 & 10 Cookout and Shootout
- July 11 at 5:30 PM: Work party to clean up after the shoot
- August 11 at 6:30 PM: Member Meeting at the Club Pavilion
- *August 13 & 14– African Safari Shoot
- September 1-5: The Great Geauga County Fair
- September 8 at 6:30 PM: Member Meeting at the Club Pavilion
- *September 10– Deer Shoot
- *September 11– Corn Roast
The Northern Ohio Bowfishing Tournament was Saturday, May 14 at West Branch State Park. Despite cold temperatures and rain, first place winner Denny Longsticks won with the only two fish of the day.